Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to your use of the WeVee Website accessible via wevee.co.uk ("WeVee").
WeVee allows you to view archive film and video clips, edit a personalised version of these clips to music and make your own short mash-up (WeVee Edit) to share online through WeVee. WeVee is intended for personal/private/educational and not commercial use.
We may change the Terms at any time by updating this webpage – please review regularly.
WeVee is operated by Television Junction Ltd registered in England and Wales under company number 3269213 and registered office at Waterside House, 46 Gas Street, Birmingham, B1 2JT ("we", "us", "our").
- You agree to use WeVee in a way that does not cause damage to us, other users, WeVee or impairment of the availability or accessibility of WeVee; or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, inappropriate or harmful purpose or activity.
- In accessing WeVee, you agree that you will only access its contents for your own personal or non-commercial use and not for any commercial or other purposes. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on this site except for your own personal or non-commercial use to create Contributions(as specifically permitted by us).
- You will not use WeVee copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger or other malicious computer software.
- You will not conduct any data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) systematic or automated or otherwise on or in relation to WeVee without our express specific written consent.
- You will not use WeVee to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications or for marketing purposes.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of WeVee. We may disable any username or password, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms. You will keep your username and password secure and you agree to be responsible for all activity under your username and password. If you have reason to believe your username and password are no longer secure you will notify us immediately.
- If you are under 13, please get your parents’ or guardians’ permission before using any interactive features of this site, such as sharing your WeVees. For your own protection, we recommend that you do not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else, including your surname, telephone number, home address or email address.
- WeVee is maintained, controlled and operated by us and we make no representation that any of the content on it is appropriate or available for use outside the UK. If you use WeVee from outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All information, data, text, graphics, logos, designs, images, pictures, videos, weblogs, software, interactive features or other content or materials (or any part of them) accessible on this site (‘Materials’) are protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights and are owned by or licensed to us or are otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law.
- Except as specifically permitted in these Terms, you undertake not to copy, store in any medium, distribute, transmit, re-transmit, re-publish, broadcast, modify, or show in public any part of WeVee without prior written permission from us, (which may also require prior written consent of the owner of the relevant intellectual property rights).
Contributions to the Site
- In these Terms, ‘Contribution’ means the edit decisions you make as you create a WeVee Edit with the ‘Materials’. You are permitted to make WeVee Edits only through the functionality of WeVee directly using the tools on WeVee while accessing WeVee. You will not create any works using the Materials in any other manner.
- You are solely responsible for your Contributions and the consequences of submitting them on WeVee. You will not create any Contribution or post any other material on WeVee that may be considered to be defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening or offensive; incite racial, cultural or religious hatred; impersonate or appear to impersonate any other person; be in contempt of court, violate any law or encourage conduct that would amount to a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability and/or be otherwise objectionable and/or inappropriate and/or an infringement of any UK or other applicable law.
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your Contribution in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- You authorise us to grant and we hereby grant to each user of the site a non-exclusive licence to view, hear, read, stream, link to and otherwise access your Contributions through WeVee or otherwise to use such Contributions as permitted through the functionality of the site and in accordance with these terms.
Removal of Contributions
- We do not undertake to monitor the submission of Contributions or any other material uploaded or posted to WeVee by users. We make no warranties and accept no liability for such material. If you are aware of any inappropriate material on WeVee, you may notify us by emailing us at email@example.com
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion at any time without liability and with
or without prior notice:
- to remove or suspend or disable access to any ‘Contributions’; and
- to revoke your registration (where applicable) and right to access and/or use the site or submit any ‘Contributions’.
Reliance on Information on this Site
- We do not warrant that any Materials and/or Contributions or any other material on Wevee are accurate, complete, timely or free from error and (subject to Clause 3 in Limitation of Liability) disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any content on this site.
- We aim to update the site regularly and may change the content at any time. We may suspend access to the site, or close it indefinitely at any time at our sole discretion. The ‘Materials’ may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update them.
- We do not warrant that WeVee will be uninterrupted or error free, free of viruses or bugs or that defects will be corrected.
- WeVee will normally be available all day, every day. We will not be liable (subject to Clause 3 in Limitation of Liability) for any loss suffered as a result of downtime on all or part of WeVee for any reason.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to Clause 3 in Limitation of Liability, we accept no liability in respect of any Contributions submitted by any of our users. Your use of WeVee, the Materials and/or any Contributions is at your own risk.
- Subject to Clause 3 in Limitation of Liability and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude any liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary loss or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising from, out of or in connection with the use of WeVee, including without limitation any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information.
- Nothing in these Terms will operate to exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury arising from our negligence and/or (ii) fraud and/or (iii) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our control.
You will indemnify (pay) us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these Terms.
Links to and from WeVee
Linking from WeVee
We have no control over or endorse the content or availability of third party sites that you may access through WeVee and such links are provided for your information only. We are not responsible or liable for any of their content or services. If you visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any dealings on any third party sites are solely between you and the relevant provider of that site and/or any relevant service.
Linking to WeVee
You may link to WeVee home page only,and provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. WeVee must not be framed on any other site. You must not establish a link in any way that suggests any form of association, representation, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Links to WeVee do not imply that we endorse, are affiliated with or are associated with any linked site or that any linked site is authorised to use any of our trade marks, trade names, logos or copyright symbols or those of any of our affiliates or licensors. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission from any specific site notice.
If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These Terms are subject to English law, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.